Keto Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Served in soup, Keto cauliflower cheese soup is so comforting for fall and winter. Having a cup of this rich creamy soup, you can warm up your body right away, satisfy your taste buds and then boost your energy. Plus, it’s ready to serve at your meal within 35 minutes and contains only 9 grams of carbs, 2 of which are fiber. So good to add to your diet, right?
With this mind, we introduce an easy yet savory recipe for keto cauliflower cheese soup. If you find it worth, prefer homemade foods or have cravings for soup, keep reading!
Recipe For Keto Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- April 15, 2019
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time40 min
- Serving Size8
- Energy293 cal
- 1 head (about 1 to 1.5 pounds) cauliflower, cut up into florets
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth, you can also use vegetable broth, bone broth, beef broth, etc…
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 to 3 large carrots, cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish, optional
- 1 teaspoon dried chives, for garnish, optional
1Add 1 tablespoon butter and diced bacon to a large soup pot; cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Remove and set aside.2In the same pot, melt the remaining butter. Stir in onions and carrots; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in cauliflower florets, garlic, thyme, chili powder, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.3Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer and stir in the heavy cream. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.4Pour the soup into a high-speed food processor. Blend until creamy and smooth.5Pour blended soup back into pot; increase heat to medium, add shredded cheddar cheese and nutmeg, then stir until melted. Adjust seasonings accordingly. 6Remove from heat and divide. Garnish with cooked bacon, shredded cheddar cheese and chives. Serve.
For the leftover, let it cool, transfer to an airtight container, keep in the refrigerator and use within 4 days. For freezing, store cooled soup in a large freezer bags and keep in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Serving Size8
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat25 g32.05%
- Saturated Fat14 g70%
- Cholesterol74 mg24.67%
- Sodium276 mg12%
- Total Carbohydrate9 g3.27%
- Dietary Fiber2 g7.14%
- Total Sugars2 g
- Protein9 g18%
- * The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.