Keto Banana Bread
Another keto-friendly food made with banana to add to your diet is keto banana bread. Despite using many ingredients (banana extract, almond flour, coconut flour, full-fat Greek yogurt, grass-fed unsalted butter…), this bread comes out at 5 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and only 2 grams of net carbs per slice, making it suitable for strict keto eaters.
If you are looking for a delicious dessert that keeps track on your diet and satisfies the taste of your family, keto banana bread is worth recommending. Even when you are not on any low-carb diet and just get interested in knowing more savory bread recipes, give this bread a try.
Recipe For Keto Banana Bread
- April 18, 2019
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time1 hr
- Total Time1 hr 15 min
- Serving Size12
- Energy186 cal
- 114 g grass-fed unsalted butter
- 128 g almond flour
- 46 g golden flaxseed meal, finely ground
- 18 g psyllium husk, finely ground
- 14 g coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 eggs
- 2/3-1 cup golden erythritol xylitol or coconut sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses totally
- 2-3 teaspoons banana extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 90 g full fat Greek-style yogurt or sour cream
- 2/3-1 cup roughy chopped pecans or walnuts optional
1Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Continue to simmer for about 4-6 minutes, until fully browned; stirring once in a while. Remove and set aside to cool.2Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line a greased or lightly floured 8.5×4.5″ or 5×9″ loaf pan. 3In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, golden flaxseed meal, psyllium husk, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside. 4In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sweetener and molasses with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes, until airy and lighter in color. Add in banana, vanilla extracts, apple cider vinegar and browned butter and continue to beat.5Add dry flour mixture into the wet mixture; half at a time, alternating with yogurt. Mix for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and elastic, the batter will thicken as you mix. Fold in the nuts. 6Distribute batter evenly into pan, smoothing out the top with a wet spatula. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until deep golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Check the bread after 15 minutes, and cover with aluminum foil as soon as it begins to turn golden, about minute 20. 7Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing, and cool completely in a rack before glazing or cutting.
The batter for the bread is enough to make into12 muffins. Choose your favorite type!
- Serving Size12
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat16 g20.51%
- Saturated Fat6 g30%
- Cholesterol75 mg25%
- Sodium199 mg8.65%
- Total Carbohydrate5 g1.82%
- Dietary Fiber3 g10.71%
- Total Sugars5 g
- * The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.