As dumplings cooked in different ways, Japanese recipe, Chinese recipe, Korean recipe, Indian recipe, and some more, in this article, we introduce the recipe for Japanese dumplings, Gyoza (ぎょうざ).
In Japan, dumplings are served as a main dish at dinner and preferred appetizer of both kids and adults alike. If you are a big fan of dumplings, in particular and Japanese cuisine, in general, you should take a few minutes to read the following detailed Japanese dumpling recipe. It’s worth trying, definitely!
Traditional Recipe For Japanese Dumplings
- Prep Time30 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time45 min
- Serving Size50 pcs
- 1 packet of 50 gyoza wrappers
- 400 g lean pork, ground
- 1/8 cabbage, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch garlic chives, finely chopped
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, plus 2 teaspoons extra, for cooking
- Pinch of salt
For dipping sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- La-yu (Japanese chilli oil), optional
Transfer to a dish. Serve hot with prepared dipping sauce.