- Duration: 2h 16m 20s
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Released: November 12, 2015
- Viewers: 109,582
Learn the most in-demand business, tech and creative skills from industry experts.
Course detailsIf you're going to work with big data, you'll probably be using R or Python. And if you're using Python, you'll be definitely using Pandas and NumPy, the third-party packages designed specifically for data analysis. This course provides an opportunity to learn about them. Michele Vallisneri shows how to set up your analysis environment and provides a refresher on the basics of working with data containers in Python. Then he jumps into the big stuff: the power of arrays, indexing, and DataFrames in NumPy and Pandas. He also walks through two sample big-data projects: one using NumPy to analyze weather patterns and the other using Pandas to analyze the popularity of baby names over the last century. Challenges issued along the way help you practice what you've learned.
- Hi, I'm Michele Vallisneri and I'd like to welcome you to Introduction to Data Analysis with Python. Data science has been described as intersection of programming, statistics and topical expertise. Python is an excellent programming tool for data analysis because it's friendly, pragmatic, mature and because it's complemented by excellent third party packages that were designed to deal with large amounts of data. We will start this course by reviewing Python data containers which are useful on their own and which set the model for the more powerful data objects of NumPy and Pandas. We will then put our knowledge of containers to work in a practical project. Then, we will talk about NumPy, the package that extends Python with a fast and efficient numerical array object. And we'll take NumPy out for a spin for a real data analysis project. Last, we will look at Pandas which is suitable for any kind of data and implements many ideas from the world of relational databases. We will use…
Practice while you learn with exercise filesDownload the files the instructor uses to teach the course. Follow along and learn by watching, listening and practicing.
Download the exercise files for this course. Get started with a free trial today.
- i18n_files_file_alt Ex_Files_Intro_Analysis_Python.zip (79482061)
- i18n_files_file_alt Ex_Files_Intro_Analysis_Python_FAQ.zip (10486)
- i18n_files_file_alt Ex_Files_05_02_FAQ.zip (74134)
Watch this course anytime, anywhere. Get started with a free trial today.